New York City has seen its fair share of snow this winter. Make sure to follow this check list and you'll be sure to weather any storm!
- Make sure the battery has been functioning properly and is fully charged. The cold weather may affect its performance, reducing its cranking power.
- If the battery hasn't been changed in years and is showing signs of weakness, replace it immediately.
- Maintain visibility at all times.
- Fill wiper fluid in order to wipe away salt, dirt and mud.
- Replace your wipers every 6 months or so.
- Avoid overworking your car. If your car is stuck in the snow and you're slamming on the gas to get it out, your transmission light might go on.
- Shoveling your car out instead of trying to slam through a mountain of snow may save you an unnecessary trip to the repair shop.
- Engine oil can be affected during the cold weather. Make sure you are using the right oil formulated for winter use.
- Keep up with maintenance on radiator and heater hoses.
Contact M-Spec performance with any maintenance or repair inquires.
- Make sure your tires have enough air. Rapid decrease in temperature will cause tires to lose air.
- If your tires are worn out pick up a new set immediately.